Law of capture does not insulate a land owner from the damages caused by the wrongful drainage of gas and distillate from beneath the land of another.
- Held: Rule of Capture with a reasonableness caveat, i.e. Abs. ownership w/ rule of capture.
- Ownership occurs at capture so long as it is reasonably used (abs. ownership idea)
- Promotes competition and fair play which is good for the economy.
- Autonomy and Freedom of the owners
- Tragedy of the Commons idea, with law of capture leads to waste since only bear a portion of the externalities