- The fiduciary duties owed to the company arise from the legal relationship between the directors and the company directed and controlled by them.
- The fiduciary duties owed to the shareholders do not arise from that legal relationship.
- Fiduciary duty between Directors and Shareholders dependent on establishing a special factual relationship between the directors and the shareholders in the particular case. Events may take place which bring the directors of the company into direct and close contact with the shareholders in a manner capable of generating fiduciary obligations.
- Duty of disclosure of material facts
- Use confidential, valuable commercial information acquired by the directors for benefit of shareholders.
Sunday, January 13, 2019
Peskin v Anderson case brief
Peskin v Anderson case brief summary
Former members of the Royal Automobile Club Ltd sued the directors for failing to disclose that they had plans to demutualize. They could have got £35,000 but had given up their membership. They claimed that the directors had breached a duty owed to them as shareholders to inform them of the upcoming demutualisation plan.
The only judgment was given by Mummery LJ.
Directors do not owe a general duty to shareholders, although they may owe a specific duty to a shareholder if there has been an assumption of responsibility.
Support us by:
Checking out our amazing store on Etsy: http://www.bohobuttons.com
While in law school I traveled the world. Puerto Rico. Egypt. Israel. The Netherlands. All over the United States. Costa Rica. Panama... How, you ask? I found ways to make money on the side. One of those ways was hosting my apartment on AirBnB. If you have an extra room, this is a perfect way to make some extra cash.
Since law school, I have traveled to dozens of countries for pleasure with my family. It's not rocket science. You just need to know how to start some side hustles. Another one of my favorite ways to make money is buying and selling stocks and cryptocurrency on Robinhood. Join now and get a free stock through this link: Join Robinhood and Get a Free Stock!
Image Source Have you ever considered a career where each day offers a new challenge and the chance to make a real difference? Studying cr...
Class 1: Elements of Fundamental Value: Present Value, Future Value, Net Present Value: Elements of Fundamental Value (38) One year : ...
I can help you land in the top 10% of your law school class. Imagine, how your life would be different if you were in the top 10% o...
Corthell v. Summit Thread Company (1933) · Facts: Corthell is a salesman for Summit. He invents contraption that is bought b...