- a declaratory judgment that the government’s affirmative misrepresentation estopped the government from operating Krome as other than minimum security, short-term facility with a cap of 525 persons, none of whom were felons.
- declaratory and injunctive relief relating to the responsibilities of duties of the DOJ, BOP, and INS with respect to Krome
- a writ of mandamus ordering the government to
- remove all alien felons from Krome and transfer them to medium security and maximum security facilities
- obey the cap on the number of aliens which can be detained at Krome
- limit detention of aliens at Krome to short-term minimum security processing stays.
The homeowners and homeowners association were found to not have sufficient grounds to intervene under 24(a) or 24(b) because their interests were very much in concert with the county, thus their interests would most probably be represented in the litigation moving forward.