- facts: US settles dispute with Russia by accepting lump sum payment for recognition of Russia’s new government; Congress tacitly recognized that policy
- Why was the Litvinov assignment valid?
- The President has the power to receive ambassadors, which, according to the court, contains the implied power to make agreements concerning the recognition foreign governments
- “The authority is not limited to a determination of the government to be recognized. It includes the power to determine the policy which is to govern the question of recognition.”
- Because the Litvinov assignment was a part of the agreement of recognition of the Soviet Government, it was within the power of the president to make this agreement alone
- Justice Jackson category 1:
- President concluded an agreement on his own authority, and Congress tacitly consented
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
United States v. Pink case brief
United States v. Pink, 315 US 203 (1942) p. 213
According to a Forbes article, personal injury lawsuits are civil actions brought by an injured person against the party responsible for the...
Class 1: Elements of Fundamental Value: Present Value, Future Value, Net Present Value: Elements of Fundamental Value (38) One year : ...
Corthell v. Summit Thread Company (1933) · Facts: Corthell is a salesman for Summit. He invents contraption that is bought b...
I can help you land in the top 10% of your law school class. Imagine, how your life would be different if you were in the top 10% o...